News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

A couple of 57 biarritz questions

Started by hollenbeck, August 15, 2014, 10:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hollenbeck

I have a couple of questions regarding my gpas 57 Biarritz..first, would a low production car be worth more? im talking 45th convertible built in 57? 2nd, gpa has passed, we cannot located title to save our lives, would it be possible to sell a car without a title?..just a few questions, any feedback would truly help, thanks..
bhollenbeck

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Brandon,
Some people like the first or last car made. Any other # makes little $ difference.
You will NEED a title. Make sure you find the correct VIN stamped on the frame. Get someone from your state to give you advice on a lost title procedure.
HTH, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

C.R. Patton II

Hello Brandon

The issue of the lost title was addressed by Bob.  I would add that you would LOSE a significant amount of currency by selling this vehicle without a title.

The model in question is a 1957 Cadillac 6267SX with just 1800 produced but only 80 listed in our 2014 Cadillac & LaSalle Club International Directory.  The price range is 20-240k according to the global market.  The condition is the variable.

I would like you to retain the automobile and join our national organization, and a region/chapter near your residence.  If you are intent on selling I suggest that you run not walk to your local motor vehicle office to resolve the title issue ASAP.

Also the rear end on this model is hypnotic.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

hollenbeck

Yes thanks, we have a vin on passenger frame. We are currently working on the kinks with the title as we speak. I know some states do not issue title to older vehicles. He was restoring it before he passed, all the chrome was rechromed. Can anyone tell me the top # for a black top?..he also has a 57 Fleetwood 4 door all original, which I know is significantly less valuable.
bhollenbeck

C.R. Patton II

Brandon

Please provide all the body plate data for your Biarritz.  Also you should contact Allied Vaughn to obtain a build sheet for all of your Cadillac's.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

hollenbeck

57 - 6267sx
Body fw 45
Trim 18.    E
Paint 90
Top 1 acc EH
....decoding would help...thanks guys
bhollenbeck

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Sounds like a very interesting car.

It should be pointed out that it is the 45th Eldorado Biarritz produced, not the 45th convertible. No, being the 45th EBZ produced does not add any special value to the car.

You should contact your AAA, Dept of Motor Vehicles or State Police in your state about getting title issued for the car - and would advise against pouring any money into it until good title is secured.

Top code 1 is Ivory (convertible roof).

Paint Code 90 is Olympic White

ACCY:

E - EZ Eye Glass

H - Heater

TRIM CODE:

18 - Red & White Leather

HTH, Eric
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

hollenbeck

bhollenbeck

chrisntam

Quote from: C.R. Patton II on August 16, 2014, 12:27:59 AM
Also the rear end on this model is hypnotic.

Who doesn't love a good rear end?  I know I do! 

:o
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

59-in-pieces

Brandon,
Where abouts are you and the car.
C.R. is correct about the value, it is most certainly based upon condition.
Do you have photos of the car to share with us, please post some.
Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

hollenbeck

Yes we are in south texas. I have a few photos from when it was in the shop. The car is in excellent condition, just outside emblems put back on since they were Re chromed..how would I post pics?
bhollenbeck

hollenbeck

bhollenbeck

hollenbeck

bhollenbeck

hollenbeck

bhollenbeck

hollenbeck

Now grant it, the car is dusty and been sitting so it not pretty as it should be
bhollenbeck

Quentin Hall

Gday Brandon, it would appear that all the hard work has almost been done. Is your intention to keep or sell the car? It would seem that your grandfather had the work carried out somewhere to get it to this level. Do you know who did it? If so, i would get the car completed.
    I don't think getting a title will be a problem in this condition. I think it will be a case of proving ownership and then they will probably issue a new one.
    I bought a 53 Eldorado from Calif from a gentleman in the same position as you. He got one easy. I am telling you this from Australia, so i can't define easy, but he got it. I know it is very hard to ship out of the country without a title. There will be avenues.Remember paying money usually fixes problems. Haha.
      I have a 57 Biarritz as well. Wish mine looked like yours.
       You sure you're not a car guy.......??? Good luck. Quentin.
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

hollenbeck

Leaning towards selling..all the hard work is done, just in boxes and just bolt up as far as emblems n such..nothing major that elbow grease wouldn't solve..
bhollenbeck

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Brandon,
Be VERY careful with the title issue!!! I've heard nothing but bad things about Texas lost title situations. I'd suggest you consult with someone who's been done that, BEFORE  you start dealing  with the Texas DMV.
HTH, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

hollenbeck

Yes we are currently trying to work out the kinks..I agree their lost title system is not great.
bhollenbeck

59-in-pieces

Brandon,
This has happened to me a couple of times where a relative passed away and the title to their cars was not to be found.
When your Gpa passed, did he leave a will.  In the will did he specifically designate who would inherit the car or generally who would inherit the personal properties - like cars.
Did your Gpa specifically leave the car to you.
If so, our DMV in CA. will accept a copy of the will leaving the car to you, and you fill out a lost title form and with the payment of some fees, the new title will be issued to you.
Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher