News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Just something to share

Started by Julien Abrahams, August 24, 2014, 07:54:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julien Abrahams

I just wanted to share the following. I've owned my '67 Htp Sedan de VIlle for about 4 years now. Only recently I decided to check out the factory installed options, body color etc. by checking the body tag. The car is now white (something that looks like the Cadillac Grecian white. At the inside of the doors, you can see blue paint, so, I always assumed that the original color was blue (which was a bit odd, considering the covert interior). After checking the body tag, it turns out that the original color was Baroque Gold :). So the car has been painted at least twice. I'm glad that somebody decided white was a good color. Although the gold would probably look good with the covert interior.
So you see, you learn something new every day.   8).
I also found out that the Power Windows were actually standard equipment on the De Ville series (always thought those were optional). The person who bought the car new ordered EZ eye glass, 6-way power seat, and climate control. Turns out that he climate control was the most expensive option at the time ($516,-!). Leather upholstery was only $158, Power door locks $70 and Cruise Control $95 :).
Funny ;).
1954 Cadillac series 62
1967 Cadillac Sedan De Ville HT
1969 Austin Healey Sprite
1979 Opel Kadett

Jon S

Sounds like the 1st repainter did a more thorough job than the second repainter!  Thanks for sharing!
Jon

1958 Cadillac Sedan De Ville
1973 Lincoln Continental Coupe
1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

Sure wish I could go back in time and slip the original buyer of my car a couple hundred bucks to add a bell here and a whistle there.
One thing that is frustrating is that at some point, someone replace the steel wheels on my car with 3 from who knows where.  I'm sure they just saved $5 bucks 30 years ago but it sure is frustrating now.
Oh Well,
Jeff
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille

Doug Houston

Nutty thhngs like that DO happen. I 1958, I bought a '56 Cadillac convertible. painted Alpine White; an El Dorado color. The interior was red-white leather. I was the third owner, the first being Cadillac Division.  That meant little to me; it was a nice car, except for the transmission, of course. It was my first recent model Cadillac, and I felt like royalty in the thing! I was but 29 at the time.

Tom Bucklen, in the parts department, was the keeper of the archives, so I called him, and asked for the dope on the invoice. He read off all the data, but said the the car has a GREEN and white interior. I told him it was red and white, but he held fast on the green.

A few years later, I had occasion to have the dash pad of, and 'way down on one of the welt moldings, was GREEN!

Later, I  (thought) I needed a valve job, so I had my pet shop do it. The heads were not '56 heads, but '57 heads! I understand that there had been a problem with the heads on the 56 engines. Never did find out what.
38-6019S
38-9039
39-9057B
41-6227D
41-6019SF
41-6229D
41-6267D
56-6267
70-DeV Conv
41-Chev 41-1167
41 Olds 41-3929

Julien Abrahams

1954 Cadillac series 62
1967 Cadillac Sedan De Ville HT
1969 Austin Healey Sprite
1979 Opel Kadett

cadillacmike68

Quote from: Jeff Rose on August 24, 2014, 03:24:28 PM
Sure wish I could go back in time and slip the original buyer of my car a couple hundred bucks to add a bell here and a whistle there.
One thing that is frustrating is that at some point, someone replace the steel wheels on my car with 3 from who knows where.  I'm sure they just saved $5 bucks 30 years ago but it sure is frustrating now.
Oh Well,
Jeff

Oh yeah, those $70 power door locks in 1967-68 will cost over a thousand now - IF you can find all the parts,
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike