News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1974 RWD Cadillac a/c condensate discharge-where is it?

Started by Scot Minesinger, August 27, 2014, 01:27:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scot Minesinger

The title says it.  Cannot find where the a/c condensate leaves the car on a 1974 DeVille.  Does anyone know or can tell me approximately where to look.  I don't see a place on the bottom of evap casing for condensate to exit the car.  The shop manual is no help either.  Got to be something simple I'm missing.

The car had green dye in a/c system and it was converted by others from 12 to 134 without removing old oil, so I am flushing out the system.  Used a/c pro on evap and drove out oil and a/c solution with compressed air and it was of course green.  I want to see if there is any green coming from the casing to be sure the car does not have an a/c evap leak.  The VIR was covered in green and that was definitely a leak and I will replace it.  I guess I can look inside there by removing a sensor, but still would like to see bottom of casing.

I know where the condensate comes out on the 65-70 Cadillacs so I kind of have a clue.  maybe it was just late and I was tired.  Need a hint.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

chrisntam

It was late, you were tired. 

I don't have a clue as to exactly where the drain is on that car, but is has to be at the bottom of the evaporator core box.  No place else for the condensation to go but down.

Did you find it?

I looked on my '75 Olds big car (88), uses a Valves in Receiver too, the hole in my case is at the bottom of the evap case near the back towards the firewall.   There was no rubber tube on mine, just a boss with a hole that the tube can attach to.  Had to lay under the car, contort my arm/hand to feel the hole and crane my neck to see it.  It's there.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Scot Minesinger

Yes, I was looking for the rubber hose, so if there is not one then it should be logical.  All at the bottom of the evap casing there was no green, so I think I'm good.  It can't be anywhere else but bottom of casing.  The car is all back together and I'm vacuuming it out overnight.  Tomorrow will charge it up.

Thanks for looking.  In 71 the evap casings were very similar for the big GM products.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty