News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

hood adjustment on my '74 ELDO

Started by Viator Trudeau, August 28, 2014, 11:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viator Trudeau

Last year and a few months ago hood adjustment was discussed where the rear of the hood would not close all the way being lifted at the rear.  lifting the rear adjustment causes the to seat properly?  The bracket bolted to the inner fender does not move??  The other bolts thru the hinge plate have slots, W/ the rear most end bolted to the cowl. are these adjustment the ones to be used??

V. Trudeau  #8697

TJ Hopland

Yep those are the adjustments.   I used some body shims on the cowl bolt.    Watch the clearance on between your hood and doors.  On mine when I got the hood to settle down it hit one of the doors so I had to move the whole hood forward a bit too.   For the hood forward and back adjustment I parked the car in the garage and hooked the front of the hood to the rafters with a winch strap to take some of the weight off.  Made it a lot easier to loosen the hood to hinge bolts and make the slight adjustments. 
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason