News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

help with leaf springs

Started by hellsfire, September 04, 2014, 09:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hellsfire

i have my grandfathers 1938 lasalle and one of the leaf springs are broken. as i search around i find it hard to find a replacement for a good price. can anyone help me locate a set of rear leaf spring to help me out please.

Dan LeBlanc

A good spring shop that deals with truck suspensions should be able to make you a new leaf. 
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

RobertM

Bob Melms

1954 60 Special
1995 Sedan Deville
1999 Eldorado (RIP 2018)
Connecticut, USA

Jim Stamper

I think what ever you do on one side you will want to do on the other or lopsidedness is apt to follow.

You don't say where you are located, someone may be able to point you to a spring shop in your locality.  I would hit the yellow pages, springs are common things, nearly every vehicle has them so help is bound to be not too far way. I used a good one here in New Hampshire last week.

Jim Stamper  CLC#13470

TJ Hopland

The shops that build springs often mostly do heavy equipment / trucks.    Apparently there are so many different apps in that world that its just more efficient to custom build everything.    They will sometimes advertise in 'street rod' circles because that too is an area where custom springs are often needed.    I had a set built for one car.   They said if I didn't like how it sat bring it back and they would make it how I wanted.   It came out fine but it was nice to know they would fix it if it was not what I wanted.   You don't usually get that option when ordering a set from a catalog.   I have had more than once car that ended up high and a little stiff in the back.   
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason