News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Has anyone approached the restoration co's about discounts for members here?

Started by chrisntam, September 10, 2014, 10:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisntam

I understand I am late in coming to the game here, but has anyone approached OPGI or USA Parts Supply or other restoration companies about giving a 5% or 10% discount to members here?  At another site I frequent there is a code provided for a 5% discount at Rock Auto.  I know it's not much, but if you buy a bunch of stuff, it adds up.

Just wondering.

Here's the Rock Auto discount code:

5% Discount Code: 7B4FC1EE79BAF4
Expires: 09/18/2014

Please enter this code in the ‘How Did You Hear about Us’ box to receive discount. Please enter ONLY the discount code, no other words or numbers. Please note that orders using discount codes must be placed online and the discount code must be entered before an order is submitted to receive the discount. Phone orders are not eligible for discounts.

They have a running 5% off code, so generally speaking, no worries if you need something in October.  They provide another code.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Davidrubin

Hi Chris, thanks for posting the Rock Auto code.  With regard to my position on this, I feel that if a member wants to share a promo code, and they are not personally benefiting, that is ok.  Just like you did above.

However, if a company wants to reach all our members and offer any kind of promotion or discount, they must pay for the access like any other advertiser or sponsor through our Advertising Director Melissa Perry. 

Dave Rubin
CLC Exec VP

TMoore - NTCLC

It is up to the vendors -

One of the best offers that I have seen was coordinated by member 'EZ' of the modifiedcadillac group - he negotiated a 25% discount from Rubber The Right Way if we could get $5,000.00 in orders as a group.  EZ was great about getting the word out, and as a group, we easily exceeded the threshold and got the 25% discount - a fantastic deal.

It takes someone willing to reach out to vendors to see if a deal can be made, and then drum up enough business to make the deal worth it to the vendors, but I totally agree it can be a win for all of those involved.

62 driver

Dave Schneider,  CLC #27889

cadillacmike68

Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike