News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1959 coupe car cover

Started by grandads59, September 13, 2014, 10:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandads59

I have a 1959 coupe does anybody have any recommendations on car covers. It will be stored in side thanks

J. Hartwell

Julien Abrahams

I got mine (for a '67) from E-bay. Something like $100. Especially if it is stored inside, you just need one to keep out the dust etc. Also, make sure it breathes, otherwise the moist the will get under it will not be able to get out again, and then you have a bigger problem then you would have if you would not use a cover at all.
1954 Cadillac series 62
1967 Cadillac Sedan De Ville HT
1969 Austin Healey Sprite
1979 Opel Kadett

quadfins

I bought the cover for my '61 from California Car Cover. They have a variety of different materials, depending on your needs. It was expensive, but has held up for many years, so the amortization makes it a worthwhile investment.

The best thing about CCC was that they were willing to sew in double-layer reinforcements at the fin tips, so the sharp edges did not poke and rip through.

Jim
Jim Eccleston
1961 Coupe de Ville
BATILAC
Senior Crown
DeCou Driving Award x 4