News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

East Troy, WI Junkyard

Started by Cadillac Nut, September 15, 2014, 12:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cadillac Nut

I am going to be visiting this junkyard in WI this week.  There are 27 acres of cars, somewhere around 4000.  A few 40s but mostly 50s-70s and some 80s (yard opened 1972).      Owner is trying to clean it out fast.  Previous owner ran it as a yard but turned into a hoarder....  I am not sure what there is for Cadillac but there is just about everything there from the looks of it.  Is anybody looking for any specific cars or parts?  I will try to help out where I can.   Figure on most sheet metal being rough.  A few cars were stored in buildings

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/pts/4636678449.html

BJM

Garrett

I would really appreciate it if you could look for 71-73 Buick full size cars like CENTURION, LeSabre, Electra or Riviera.  I am in Des Moines, Iowa and really want to go but it is 7 1/2 hours away one way so having someone check ahead of time would save me a wasted trip.  If you see a few, I would certainly go.  Let me know   abc.moran@netzero.net 

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

I spotted a '74 Sedan deVille and a 67-70 Eldorado.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

R Schroeder

I don't live to far from there. Didn't even know it was there.
Looks pretty picked over to me.
Roy

cadillacmike68

I could use a steering gear for a 1968 DeVille (or any RWD except a series 75), and a tilt & tele column for1968, with all the knobs & levers preferred.

I need that long front hood lower trim (in 1 piece!).

Also could use the "DeVille" rear quarter trim from a 1965-70 DeVille Convertible. In fact any original exterior trim script from those years would be good. Hood or trunk Crest & V would have to be 68 only though.

A right side mirror off a 68 is always good to have as well. Mine has some imperfections.

I could use nice un-scarred front bumper ends (two pieces each side) and the chromed / pot metal bezels for the front blinker lights and front side marker / cornering lights.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Cadillac Nut

Hi Mike,
Ok, I'll print your list and take it with me.  Doubt I will have time to pull steering gear or column.  You can get those (the gears that is) rebuilt off E-bay if you have a core.    I managed to get one from a vendor for my Fleetwood 75 and that is Fleetwood 75 specific.   Just gave him the part number

Will look for trim scripts.

Right side mirror I assume you are looking for really nice-- doesn't need plating?  Ditto for bumper ends?   In this yard I'm doubt there is going to be much nice chrome that won't need replating. 

Garrett

cadillacmike68

Garrett, On the mirror and bumper ends. Correct, if it needs re-plating, I already have that.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Cadillac Nut

Hi Mike,
Ok, will keep that in mind.  Planing to head there tomorrow. 

Garrett

okccadman

If you can get them, photos of the rose colored 58 Oldsmobile I see in the pics would be appreciated.  Might see something I need for mine
Jim Jordan CLC# 5374
Oklahoma City, OK

55 Series 62 Sedan
56 Series 62 Coupe
56 Fleetwood 75 Derham Limo
59 Fleetwood Sixty Special
66 Fleetwood Brougham
66 Superior Hearse/Ambulance
67 Fleetwood Sixty Special
68 Fleetwood Eldorado
76 Coupe de Ville d'Elegance
90 Brougham