News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

59 deville wire harness

Started by johnny mcnife, September 19, 2014, 02:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnny mcnife

Hi everyone,
I am re-installing the wiring to the generator, voltage regulator and starter. This is an old project that was dismantled 25 years ago  and I am trying to put everything back as close to original as possible
If anyone has a diagram or any photos of these items or know where I  could find them
that would be a great help.
Also it appears that this generator has a condenser on it. In searching photos of 59 engines I have noticed some with and some without condensers. any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You in advance.
jm

curly

The condenser is to prevent radio interference.  Your car may not need it.  I have also seem them mounted on the ignition coil.

T Lewis