News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Cadillac LTS

Started by waterzap, September 19, 2014, 06:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waterzap

Would be insane if it looked like this

http://jalopnik.com/?startTime=1411145400051

But LTS...really? LTS, MKS, CTS....SSS....whatever. Nice car....stupid name.

Leesburg, AL

Big Apple Caddy

I imagine it will take some styling cues from the Elmiraj but will probably end up more like a larger version of the CTS.

It would be nice if Cadillac went away from the three-letter model names.  Lincoln too.

Big Apple Caddy

It appears that Cadillac will be using a new naming strategy going forward but one that is still alphanumeric.  The new flagship sedan will be called CT6 and other car models will be called CT5, CT4, etc. based on their position in the lineup.  I for one am disappointed.  :(

I guess a Cadillac CT4 with 4 doors, 4 (all) wheel drive and a 4 cylinder engine could be called the CT4444.  /sarcasm/

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/general-motors/2014/09/24/gm-cadillac-name/16169489/

Chris Conklin

Seems like they're following the naming strategy of MB and BMW by tying it to the vehicle series/size.
Chris Conklin

INTMD8

Ct6 flagship. Oh well, at least we have the classics!

Rich S

It is hard for me to believe this is the "best" naming scheme the auto executives could come up with. As it mentions, the new names will be phased in with each new generation of a model (i.e. major redesign). Therefore, upon introduction, the "flagship" Sedan will be CT6 while simultaneously in the showroom there will be a CTS model! I am "underwhelmed!"

Hopefully, the new flagship Cadillac Sedan will be such a great car it won't matter what it is called!

It would be great to see Cadillac preserving some of their "DNA" in new models. The '76 through '79 Sevilles were widely successful because they remained many "Cadillac touches" but in a smaller package--rather than trying to be a "copy" of an import luxury car.
Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

1971 Eldo Conv., 2013 CTS Cpe

Chris Conklin

May the powers that be at Cadillac give us the El Miraje coupe... name and all!
Chris Conklin

cadillacmike68

I'm just hoping my 2009 STS lasts forever...
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Rich S

Chris, I'll second your vote for an El Miraj Coupe! It would be great to see another Cadillac model even adopt the El Miraj tail lamps! What a beautiful concept vehicle the El Miraj is!
Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

1971 Eldo Conv., 2013 CTS Cpe