News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Question re '64/65 exhaust manifolds

Started by rustytractor, September 21, 2014, 02:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rustytractor

I need a pair for a '64 Coupe de Ville I recently purchased and posted in the parts wanted section yesterday.

One of the replies asked if '65 manifolds are the same - can anyone confirm one way or another and also whether there were variances between manifolds across different models for either year ?

Thanks,

Russ
Too many cars - too little time !!

Julien Abrahams

I believe that the '64-'67 exhaust manifolds are the same (its the intake manifolds that are different) if I am not mistaking.
1954 Cadillac series 62
1967 Cadillac Sedan De Ville HT
1969 Austin Healey Sprite
1979 Opel Kadett

cadillactim

Russ

The passenger side exhaust manifold is 64 only, and is hard to find not cracked. I believe the driver side manifold is 61-64.
The 65-67 manifolds are different because the 64 is an X frame, while 65-67 is a perimeter frame.

Tim
Tim Groves

rustytractor

Quote from: cadillactim on September 21, 2014, 09:33:10 AM
Russ

The passenger side exhaust manifold is 64 only, and is hard to find not cracked. I believe the driver side manifold is 61-64.
The 65-67 manifolds are different because the 64 is an X frame, while 65-67 is a perimeter frame.

Tim

Thanks Tim, I'll make sure I source compatible manifolds (somewhere !). The passenger side has been welded and seems ok if not pretty. The driver side has also been welded but has cracked further so I'd rather source a good pair if possible and do the job properly once.
Too many cars - too little time !!