News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Headlamps - '39 LaSalle

Started by revgawright, September 24, 2014, 04:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

revgawright

I've been searching for headlamps for some time. Previous owner of my 5019A had replaced the lamps with sealed beams. I'm all about authenticity (or as close to it as I can possibly get). Having spent the summer rewiring Sally, I've given up my search. Am planning on going with some lamps from Restoration Supply (see attached pic). I can measure the opening, so size isn't the issue, but the lense configuration is. I've included a scan of a couple of pages from an issue of "Skinned Knuckles" from this past summer discussing the various lenses which were in use at the time. Which style would my car have left the factory with? Any help would, as always, be appreciated.

GAW
G. A. Wright
Restitutio ad integrum!!!

joeceretti

Your lenses were part number 923428 for the right and 923427 for the left. The are multibeam. I think you will have just as much trouble finding those lenses as you will have finding the reflectors. If you want, I have two tiltray lenses that fit 100% and look nearly exactly the same. They are in near mint condition.

These titlray lenses were on my 38 60 Special until last week when I finally found the part number correct multibeam lenses. I can't see the difference unless they are held side by side but I understand the desire to have the correct parts.

The tiltray was the model that came from guide just two years before they developed the multibeam setup.

joeceretti

The mpb page you are interested in...

revgawright

Joe,

You are a wealth of knowledge! Thanks so much for the info. Give me a call tomorrow and let me know what you'd let those lenses go for. My cell is 309-236-3882. Alternatively, you may e-mail me at pastorwright@mchsi.com.

Fraternally,

Gary Wright
G. A. Wright

Steve Passmore

I may have a pair of the adjustable reflectors.
Steve

Present
1937 60 convertible coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe
1941 62 coupe

Previous
1936 70 Sport coupe
1937 85 series V12 sedan
1938 60 coupe
1938 50 coupe
1939 60S
1940 62 coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe x2
1941 61 coupe
1941 61 sedan x2
1941 62 sedan x2
1947 62 sedan
1959 62 coupe

revgawright

Wahoo! Just scored a pair of the correct lenses on eBay for 50 bucks!
G. A. Wright