News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Computer/photo help

Started by Jeff Wilk, September 26, 2014, 06:11:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Wilk

Anybody out there a wizard with photoshop or any program where you can copy just the color from one photo and then use that color to fill in sections on a different picture?  In short, i have a phot of a bintage car in its original color but its a different car than mine and I want to see how that color would look on my model before deciding if thats the color to paint it. Anybody know this is done or of a service that will do it?  Thanks!
"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

gary griffin

I know they have such a program for houses and interior decorators and see no reason that you could not fool your computer into thinking your car is a house??  I think you would have to select the color from the palette in the program though.
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

Jeff Wilk

Now that is funny as many of our Cadillacs are as large as houses!!! ;D
"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

J. Gomez

Jeff,

Most programs I’ve seen and used have an “eye drop”; this tool is to copy the color from the picture/photo into your color pellet. Once you have it as the main color you could use the “brush” or “paint can” to fill your second picture.

I’ve Corel Paint Shop Pro and I do the copy and add/change of colors with these tools. The only caveat with the “paint can” if the color blends into the picture lighter to darker or vice-versa, it tends to filled the entire section and overlapping. But this is outside your main question..!  ;)
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

Chris Conklin

It's not too difficult to do with Photoshop. If the color from the sample car doesn't copy very well you can still get a pretty good match with the pallette in the program. You can email me your pictures and I can mess with it tomorrow for you. I've attached a picture of my black over white '66 Eldorado that I Photoshopped green/red for a Christmas card a couple years ago.
Chris Conklin