News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Driving Rita Moreno!

Started by nightshade, September 29, 2014, 01:22:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nightshade

Well This weekend was amazing. A few months ago I was asked to drive the actress Rita Moreno to a red carpet premier of "West Side Story" in my 42. I thought it was a prank and forgot about it   but a few weeks ago I was again contacted to confirm.

I couldn't believe it! I was going to drive a Acadamy award winning actress in my 42. after cleaning and waxing it I picked her up friday at the hotel. She was speechless when she say me pull up and the crowd cheered when they saw this huge old car pull up and out she came.

I drove her for the three days she was here and it probably was the first time in 50 years that my car was used for what it was built for. At the end she autographed my glove box! Truly this was the hightlight of owning a Cadillac!
Paul Pittman
1942 7523 limo

Walter Youshock

Did she sing: " I like to be in a Cadillac! "
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Dan LeBlanc

What an honor to have your car selected to do that.  I can't think of a better car for such a purpose.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

nightshade

Paul Pittman
1942 7523 limo

Walter Youshock

"Smoke on your pipe and put that in."
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Big Apple Caddy

Did she also yell, "Hey you guuuyyyys......come over and look at this '42 Cadillac!" ;D

Davidinhartford

cadillacmike68

Awesome!

My wife loves West Side Story, it's one of her all time favorites, and so is Rita Moreno.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Renato

Such a good story, congratulation.
R. Bognar