News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Looking for 1979 Coupe DeVille Vinyl Top Molding Clips.

Started by afaia1978, October 02, 2014, 07:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

afaia1978

Looking for 1979 Coupe DeVille Vinyl Top Molding Clips.

Does anybody know the part numbers or at least have a picture of what clips I need to install the vinyl top moldings on my '79 Coupe? When I got the car the vinyl top had already been removed so I don't have any samples to go off. Now that I have painted the car and am putting everything back together I need the clips to have the new top installed.

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I would try to find an old time upholstery shop in your city and see if they might have any "left over" from when they were installing these tops as a regular, day to day operation.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

R Schroeder

I have all the manuals for this year Cadillac, and they do not cover the subject very well .
In fact they only show the Eldorado padded top in the parts book.
They also just show pages of different types of clips used on the cars.
I guess they figure the average Joe wouldn't do this type of work on there car.
Here are some pictures of the Eldo top.
Might not be to much help. They call out a lot of acorn nuts, rivets, and screws for the moldings, but that's about it.
I hope I never have to remove mine on my 78.
Roy

Click on the IMG, below picture to make it bigger.