News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1918 CADILLAC TYPE 57 TORPEDO

Started by Langellier, October 03, 2014, 01:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langellier

Hi !
Could somebody explain to me the way they put the fuel in the Cadillac Type 57 Torpedo.
This is very important for my blog.
Thx in advance.
Liliane  ;)

Classic

I don't know the answer, but you might want to post this query on the EarlyV8Cadillac yahoo group.  https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/EarlyV8Cadillac/info
Gene Menne
CLC #474

Langellier

Thx a lot.
But "Early V8 Cadillac Group" is a very restricted group with only 48 members.
And they won't consider my poor question.
Liliane

Michael Barnes

Madame Langellier,
EarlyV8Cadillac lives precisely for that sort of question. I believe the fuel goes in at the back of the car, above the bumper, beside the spare tire if one is mounted there. You will see a screw-off cap. On the other side of the car is a dial indicating fuel level. Please write me directly or join the forum if you wish for more details.
Kind regards, Michael Barnes
EarlyV8Cadillac moderator
mbenseignantemail addresses not permitted

Roger Zimmermann

Liliane, you did what I would have suggested if I had no found that picture in one of my Cadillac books!
To Michael: if you have the "The complete history" from Maurice D. Hendry, have a look at page 98 (chapter six: the arrival of the V-8).
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101