News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1972 Coupe Deville trunk question

Started by fnoti, October 10, 2014, 12:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fnoti

A friend of mine just purchased a 72 coupe.  He does not have the key to get into the trunk.  He tried the ignition key.  Went to a locksmith and they said to bring in the glovebox lock and they can make a key from that and it should open the trunk as well.  Long story short havent been able to meet up with the locksmith and we were thinking of getting into the trunk from the back seat.  Is there a support bar that would prevent someone from climbing thru or is it relatively open behind the backseat.

cadillacmike68

You might need a young'un to crawl in there.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Gene Beaird

Wow, a '72 doesn't have an electric trunk release?  I thought those things were almost standard equipment by then. 

Gene Beaird,
1968 Calais
1979 Seville
Pearland, Texas
CLC Member No. 29873

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Quote from: Gene Beaird on October 11, 2014, 01:47:34 PM
Wow, a '72 doesn't have an electric trunk release?  I thought those things were almost standard equipment by then.

Technically, A/C did not become standard until Jan 1, 1974; power windows and 6-way seat was still optional in 1968 and 1975 respectively on Calais; 1969 for power locks.

Not sure when power trunk became standard equipment on all models but it could have been as late as 1994. 

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Smedly

Did anyone check the glove box for the push button? ;D
Sheldon Hay
When a Doctor "saves a Life" it does not necessarily mean that that life will ever be the same as it was, but he still saved it. My 46 may not be as it was but it is still alive.
Sheldon Hay