News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Cadillac Coupe V16 1930 - looking for an owner

Started by Piotr, October 18, 2014, 05:59:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piotr

Dear Colleagues ! I'm looking for a correct paint to put on my Lasalle 1930 Coupe which I'm restoring at the moment. After a long search in the Net - I found a very neat combination - black (lower) and blue (upper panels) on the 1930 Cadillac V16 Coupe. Let's have a look for the picture. The problem is that I'm not sure about the proper blue colour name or number. Does anybody knows an owner of that beautiful car ? If so, please send me a PM, because I just would like to ask just one, above mentioned question. Thank you in advance. Piotr   
Piotr Radomski
CLC #28629

Chris Cummings

Piotr,

Try the Wheels Through Time Museum in Maggie Valley, North Carolina.  They have a website you can find if you google the museum name.

Best regards,

Chris Cummings

Piotr

Piotr Radomski
CLC #28629

Classic

I visited the Wheels Through Time Museum again this past summer.  Was disappointed to see that they had sold many of their cars in order to concentrate on motorcycles.  Don't remember if they still had the V16.  In any event, suggest you call/email Dale Wachsler, the owner, with your request. 
Phone: (828) 926-6266
Email: info@wheelsthroughtime.com     
Gene Menne
CLC #474

veesixteen

There is an entry in the "Cadillac Database" that relates to this car: www.cadillacdatabase.org/Dbas_txt/V6srv30.htm

This entry is based on the "fingerprint" that Rick Le Forge took of the car's body tag, back in the '50s. He mentioned that the engine might have been replaced. Late Extra (3/2010):  Interestingly, owner-enthusiast and impassioned V-16 researcher, Chris Cummings, informed me that a blue series "4376" coupe [the version with the straight sill] with black fenders and with this same engine number was owned by the Wheels Through Time Museum in Maggie Valley, North Carolina. It was reputed to have been owned formerly by singer/songwriter Neil Young. It had the optional V-16 step plates installed on the running boards. My curiosity having been piqued,  I went to the Museum's home page and cropped out the image below; I think this car has the curved or coach sill of style #4276, and not the straight, horizontal sill that would identify it as a "4376".  Of note is the fact that the Museum is closing its doors at the current location.  I wonder where they will  move the collection.  Latest (7/2010): Enthusiast Denis Lutman informed me that this car still resides in Maggie Valley in the museum Wheels Through Time. The museum has elected to stay there and is currently open. 

End quote
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

motoringicons

The original color is Botswain Blue. Here is a copy of the original build sheet for this  V-16 #4276 Fleetwood V-16 Coupe.
https://forums.aaca.org/topic/321555-for-sale-1930-cadillac-v-16-fleetwood-4276-three-window-coupe-an-extraordinary-and-rare-example-of-a-great-v-16-
G.Z.