News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1970 Cadillac comprehensive vacuum diagram (not for 75 series), not for 69

Started by Scot Minesinger, October 21, 2014, 12:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scot Minesinger

All 1970 Cadillac fans, not counting commercial chassis climate control, I have a complete vacuum diagram I purchased some years ago on e-bay and have been sending out individually as requested.  This is same as diagrams shown in the mid 70's in back of shop manual.  Cadillac only issued this to dealers separate from shop manual before the mid 1970's.  It is very handy to have.  The print size is 24 x 36, but with good reading glasses it should be OK on 8.5 x 11.  I can also send you the electronic version which you can get printed at Kinkos or Staples.

Unfortunately I just have a "tif" file and have no idea how to convert it to pdf.  You are welcome to send me a private message with your e-mail and I will send an electronic version to your e-mail.  If someone knows how to convert it send me a message and will send to you for conversion to pdf and it can be posted here.

This does not include rear climate control for 75 series.  Under hood stuff may apply fine.  This does not apply to 69 because the 69 had an air pump (70 does not).  Also the 70 has a trans solenoid vacuum switch (69 does not) to retard timing for emissions in 1st and 2nd gear unless gas pedal is floored as sensed by kick down switch and then timing is not retarded.  This would work for some aspects of 69 Cadillacs and there may be another difference I do not know about.

Enjoy your Cadillac.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

tudor_47

maybe this can help...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGc-WarMK3c

It is an howtoo video for converting tiff to jpg in  the paint program included in windows

chrisntam

1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

George D. Mukalian CLC # 10047

Does anyone have this diagram for 1969???
I am in desperate need.

Thanks,

George
George D. Mukalian
CLC #10047

Scot Minesinger

The 69 will be similar except there is an air pump and no trans solenoid.  The air pump I bound to have a bad rubber bladder and that vacuum line should be blocked.  Plus also the snorkel damper is not there on the 69.

What is your issue?, we may be able to walk you through it.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

spolij

Unfortunately I just have a "tif" file and have no idea how to convert it to pdf.  You are welcome to send me a private message with your e-mail and I will send an electronic version to your e-mail.  If someone knows how to convert it send me a message and will send to you for conversion to pdf and it can be posted here.

Some files you can save to"word" and it will save it as jpg.

Glen

In Windows open the tif file in Paint program.  Then click on File, then Print.  When the print menu comes up select as the printer Microsoft Print to PDF.
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104