News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1956 Cadillac Sedan DeVille weatherstripping need

Started by carguyblack, October 23, 2014, 03:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carguyblack

Hello all!
Can anyone tell me who might make a seal that I need for my 1956 Cadillac Sedan Deville rear door beltline on the body? It a piece on the very rear of the roof rail seal and it attaches under the overhang just above the door handle area on the body of the car. I checked with Steele and they say they don't make it. I recall seeing a YouTube video from a guy named TheCorvetteBen doing a 1956 Sedan DeVille and could have sworn he replaced his. I can't seem to find the seals nor a way to ask this YouTube fellow where he got his from. Any guesses?
Thanks!
Chuck
Chuck Dykstra

1956 Sedan DeVille
1956 Coupe DeVille (2 sold)
1957 Oldsmobile 98 (sold)
1989 Bonneville SSE

Bob Kielar

Check Mid-Century Cadillac Discussion on page 2 about the 7th post down there is a guy restoring a 56 titled my new project he uses you tube for posting. Hope this helps

Regards,
Bob Kielar
Keep Cruzin
1955 Cadillac Fleetwood

J. Gomez

J. Gomez
CLC #23082

smilasm

Hi,I bought all rubbers for my car on rubbertherightway.You are looking for this one if I am right
http://www.rubbertherightway.com/1956-cadillac-restoration-parts-weatherstrip-38131-prd1.htm
By the way,the gaskets for 56 Sedan DeVille door handles they are selling are not correct,did not fits!
Marius Smilas

1956 Sedan DeVille  http://bit.ly/1hsWhri

Roger Zimmermann

Steele Rubber sold that weatherstrip under the number 70-0842-73; they still have it, I just checked...
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

carguyblack

Thanks so much guys! Don't know why Steele told me they didn't have that piece. Now that I have the number for the part, I'll ask them next week. I'll also check with Rubber the Right Way.
This forum sure is a big help at times like these. Really appreciate all of you!
Chuck
Chuck Dykstra

1956 Sedan DeVille
1989 Bonneville SSE

Walter Youshock

Sometimes it helps to check the Buick and Olds section.   I had to do that with some pieces for the '57.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Renato

R. Bognar

Walter Youshock

CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

carguyblack

I tend to agree with Walter about Steele. They have had the best fit and quality molded parts that I have used from all the various sources. Not the least expensive but have had no problems with their quality.
Chuck
Chuck Dykstra

1956 Sedan DeVille
1989 Bonneville SSE

35-709

I am with Walter also concerning Steele. 
Steele was great for me in the restoration of my '35, they even dug out some old molds to make some pieces for me that they hadn't made in several years.  They also made some custom door window opening seals for my '73 Caribou.  Caribou did not use the regular Coupe deVille side glass in their conversion --- at least not in 1973.  Steele has always been helpful and accommodating and the pieces I got from them have been first rate.   
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2