News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Pics of Cadillac vs. deer, add your own.

Started by TJ Hopland, October 24, 2014, 09:48:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJ Hopland

Trying not to clutter up another topic so figure I would start one since its that time of year where this happens a lot. 

Here is my 80 from 2 years ago.    Doing 65 on the interstate.  Hit em in the rump and spun him sideways so his head hit the drivers side window.  I was driving.  Few cuts and needed a new pair of shorts.  Other than that never even kicked off the cruise.  Had to drive another 80 miles home at 40*F and light rain.    Got a new window and drove the rest of the winter.   Still have the car but won't likely fix it.  Fender pushed back into the door so to do it right both would have to be replaced.   His legs broke the emblem and center cap off the wheel cover.  Somehow missed the mirror. 

StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

harry s

Here's mine from a few years ago. The deer's mid section hit right at the grill and spun it across the road. The body has been repaired and the car painted, but finishing up has been stalled by the "while ur atits" like engine rebuild, wiring harness, front suspension, etc, etc.     Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

Caddyjack

Jack Larson
Philadelphia, PA

gary griffin

That must have been a big deer or a moose or elk Jack!  So much damage to such a heavy car!
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

Caddyjack

Ha ha. It was actually an elephant that escaped from the circus. Or, it may have been a dump truck. It's been two years, and my memory isn't what it used to be. ;)
Jack Larson
Philadelphia, PA

Wayne Womble 12210

Not a Cadi, but happened at my driveway.

Note whats laying on the dash and still beating. 

TJ Hopland

In your driveway?   Have a couple mile run from the north gate to the south tower?   Or is your neighbor a processor and a prankster?
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

bcroe

I hit Bambi at about 55 mph.  He squatted down to jump, but never did because that's when I
hit him. He went under the car Bump on the left front wheel, crunch crunch crunch rolling under
the frame, BUMP on the left rear wheel.  The bumper caught most of it, compressed the shocks
some.  Some fiberglass inside the nose, some plastic chrome parts, one tiny spot of paint, and
it was fixed a few days later. 

I now live near a river, and see deer all the time.  Somehow managed not to hit one so far,
probably will in the end.  Bruce Roe

Wayne Womble 12210

Quote from: TJ Hopland on October 25, 2014, 09:24:00 AM
In your driveway?   Have a couple mile run from the north gate to the south tower?   Or is your neighbor a processor and a prankster?

No, I said at my driveway. The car was passing by.

Now imagine driving along talking to your passenger and there is a loud boom.  Warm blood and guts running down your face and body, and there is a heart beating on your dash. You look at your buddy, and he looks at you, and you both are wondering, Whose HEART is that? 

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

Wow, without being graphic, that car will never smell right on a summer day.  Wow.
Years ago I almost hit a deer on the runway with the plane at night.  Able to stop in time.  If the prop hit it, there would have been venison everywhere.
Jeff
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille