News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

65-70 AND 71-76 Cadillac Owners HELP NEEDED

Started by bullit, October 23, 2014, 11:40:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bullit

ok, so i have narrowed down my search for the mysterious drag link in my 55 CAD. i know it to be either from a 65-70 or a 71-76 CAD. the numbers on my pitman arm and drag link i have been told are just cast numbers and mean nothing for identifying the drag link. So, my last resort is to see if you guys that have these cars could give me some measurements of your drag links.  i would like to have overall length and measurements from one end to each hole center the best you can do. i understand not a easy task but with so many members i have a chance right?  if anyone else has any other ideas please let me know, i need to get this resolved soon.

Scot Minesinger

I have a 1970 Cadillac center link out of the car, ready to install.  No trouble to accommodate your request:  Center to center in between inner tie-rods is 13.5 inches, and center to center between idler arm and pitman arm is 26.125 inches.  Hope this helps.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

bullit

Perfect!  One more measurement,  pitman arm hole to first tie rod hole? Thanks! !!.

Glen

To help with this effort I’m posting the part numbers from the 1974 parts book. 

With this you can see what models/years use the same drag link. 
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

bullit

What do the numbers like 11.60 and 19.50 represent on that page? Also what are the really long numbers there mean?

Scot Minesinger

pitman arm to first tie rod, center to center dimension is 4.5 inches
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

Bullit,
The long numbers are the part numbers.  The short numbers are our link with history.  They were the list prices (usual discount 40%) of those parts.
Greg Surfas
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

bullit

Looks like my dimensions are the same as the 70, sweeeet! I finally can order my parts, thank you very much!