News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1959-60 Dash Instal

Started by Scott Halver, October 25, 2014, 01:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Halver

1960 Cadillac dash pad, Installation ?     I'm ready to re-install the dash but am not sure about the process.    At this point the speedometer is attached to the instrument cluster, lights all in but not the "extra trip odometer cable" ..?      I'm thinking I need to attach the trip odometer... maybe into the side of the main odometer cable ?   not sure what hardware I would need...

Clips ?    Does the dash just snap down into the clips ?

Halver #24920
1960 Eldorado Seville, Grandfather Bought New
1970 Corvette Convertible 350/350

MY 59

hey there,

the trip odometer cable fits in seperate to the speedo cable, if I remeber correctly it inserts into the back of the speedo head at an angle
found a pic for ya :)
with regard to installing the dashpad,  it is reasonably easy, I have done it by myself many times, but I would recommend having a friend help as they do weigh a fair bit and can be awkward
David Bone :)

1959 Cadillac Sedan Deville
1967 (aussie) ZA ford Fairlane