News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1914 Starter/generator

Started by rvsls, October 27, 2014, 12:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rvsls

I recently purchased a 1914 Cadillac and am having trouble with the starter/generator.  When I initiate the starting procedure and push the start button, I hear a click but the starter/generator does not motor.  I can turn the input shaft to the generator and it will then start to motor.  Once running, the generator is putting out full amperage (16-18 amps).  It appears that there is not enough amperage coming through the push button circuit to initiate motoring of the starter/generator?  Any ideas?
Thanks,
R Smith

Classic

You might want to try the www.earlycadillac.org forum (a yahoo group).  They focus exclusively on 1903-1914 Cadillacs.  Lots of help there, just like on this forum.
Gene Menne
CLC #474

rvsls

Thanks  Gene!  I have applied for membership in the group.
R Smith