News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Hydraulic Hose Set Source for 49

Started by Joe V, October 27, 2014, 08:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe V

Anyone know of a source for a hydraulic hose set for a 49 Series 62?  I will be replacing hoses throughout - top, windows, seat.

I checked the Hydro-E-Lectric site and they only list hose sets starting in 54.  Has anyone just taken their old hoses to a hydraulics supplier and had them make new ones?

Quentin Hall

I've just completed the hoses on the 53 I'm working on. I assume your hydraulic shops are similar to the ones in Oz. You can either buy the fittings and the hose and cut and install yourself or get them to make it up. Though very simple to just push the fittings on. Seems crazy that you can't buy a garden hose that doesn't leak but these hydraulic fittings just push on and are good for many hundred psi. Expensive little suckers though. $500 just for hose and fittings.
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

Joe V

Thanks.  That is a chunk of change. 

I just received an email reply from one of the auto hydraulic parts suppliers that hoses are generally $25 each. Just need to tell them hose length and which fittings.  Time to start counting hoses.