News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Newby Electrical Questions on 57 Coupe

Started by martyleo, October 30, 2014, 12:00:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

martyleo

Hello!

I purchased a 57 Coupe DeVille that all of the lights, blinkers, etc. work.  The radio, electric antenna, and blower motor do not  come on.  (The vacuum wipers do not work either.)  Nothing is butchered under the dash and the fuses are good.  Are there problem areas for these electrical parts that I should examine first?  I know the voice of experience can save me a lot of headaches...any advice would be appreciated.

-Marty

Walter Youshock

Fuses on the radio and antenna.  Your radio power supply should be rebuilt or may need a new vibrator.   Check the wiring for the blower motor.  There's a connection on the inner fender dust shield on the driver's side that can wiggle loose.

Have the wiper motor rebuilt and replace all the vacuum lines.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

dplotkin

I would suspect the ignition switch. try wiggling the key in the switch back and forth with the blinkers & blower on to see if the switch is intermittent.

Dan
56 Fleetwood Sixty Special (Starlight silver over Dawn Grey)
60 Buick Electra six window
60 Chrysler 300 F Coupe
61 Plymouth Savoy Ram Inducted 413 Superstock
62 Pontiac Bonneville Vista
63 Chevy Impala convertable
63 Ford Galaxie XL fastback
65 Corvette convertable 396
68 Chrysler New Yorker

J. Gomez

Marty,

Try Dan’s suggestion, the three items radio, antenna and blower motors share the same ACC path from the ign switch.

Good luck..!
J. Gomez
CLC #23082