News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Need ID Help on this LaSalle Part

Started by Don Rundgren, November 01, 2014, 12:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Rundgren

I need help with this LaSalle piece. It is 9 3/4" diameter, stamped nickel plated steel with a 1 11/16" diameter brass emblem in the center. It has a 2 1/2" long fine-threaded stud attached to the back center. Looks like it could be a cap for a spare tire but I couldn't find any thing similar in a photo search. I would like to know the original use and what year it is from, thanks for your help.
Don
McKinney, Texas

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Don, looks like the hub cap for those spare tires that sit up on the front fenders of an older LaSalle, the side mounts.

The long threaded rod should have had a removable plate at the end and a wing nut to go thru the hub of the side mount spoke tire on the front fender.

This cap would clean-up the look of the tire sitting there.

Year?  20s-30s?

Mike
Mike
Baillargeon

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Sure looks that way to me as well.

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

C.R. Patton II

All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

Don Rundgren

Thanks for the replies, that is what I assumed also but I have not been able to come up with any photos supporting it. Has anyone ever seen this type of installation?
Don
McKinney, Texas