News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

76 eldo fuel injection back pressure transducer

Started by Greg Simon, November 16, 2014, 10:49:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Simon

looking for some advise on where I could find the back pressure transducer.  I might have the incorrect name for part.  Does anybody know if you can bypass this part without having any driveablity issues.  thanks
gsimon

Dave Shepherd

Never heard of this, fuel pressure regulator? Map sensor?

TJ Hopland

I'm not sure what part he is talking about either.   I'm sure Bruce Roe will be along soon and will have all the answers.
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

bcroe

Quote from: TJ HoplandI'm not sure what part he is talking about either.   I'm sure
Bruce Roe will be along soon and will have all the answers.   

I don't know what that is either.  Is this part of EGR, or part of the EFI, or an HEI retard? 
Bruce Roe

Greg Simon

it is a part of the egr. the vacum line goes from egr to this part then to the sensor for the computer.  the picture is what it looks like.
gsimon

Greg Simon

thanks for your reply's.  I should say that the part on the left is missing a crucial part. the one on the right has the "transducer".  as you can see the egr mounts on the top this base. hope this helps.
gsimon

waterzap

Yes. I wrote an article once that was publised in the Self Starter on how to "make" are replacement. Send me your email, will email you a pdf copy of it
Leesburg, AL

TJ Hopland

StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV

waterzap

No, what it does it cut the EGR off when the car is in idle. With a carb car, you dont have a vacuum signal in idle. But with the FI car, you still have vacuum in idle. These things arent available anymore, but I found a way around that. Will see if I can upload the PDF later on.
Leesburg, AL

waterzap

Leesburg, AL

Greg Simon

gsimon

TJ Hopland

Interesting.   I wounder why they didn't put the various 'timed' vacuum ports in the throttle body the same way they did with carbs? 
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV

waterzap

if I remember correctly, idle was a difficult state to be in for the FI at that time. More difficult than for carbs.
Dont know if it was the computer or maybe the memory, but I do remember reading something about that once.

Todays FI uses a MAF sensor. That FI did not. It only had the sensor on the distributor, and the coolant sensors. Maybe that had something to do with it
Leesburg, AL

bcroe

That was good work, that Waldo figured out how to fix this common problem.  I have a copy
of his article on my PHOTOBUCKET, album 70s FUEL INJECTION, sub album EGR REPAIR. 

Bruce Roe

76Collector

We have the EFI only EGR and Back Pressure Transducer Available.  Yes they are required for proper performance and exhaust readings you also cannot pass smog without it.   Please email to: markjones858@yahoo.com or call (Six One Nine) 646-8438.