News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1974-76 Cadillac door stop bushings - where do you get the tubing?

Started by Scot Minesinger, November 28, 2014, 11:06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scot Minesinger

The 74-76 (other years maybe as well?) Cadillac doors do not close well unless a plastic tubing bushing is used on the door stop posts that are horizontal.  I have seen this tubing on numerous nice closing doors on Cadillac SDV and Fleetwoods.  I'm working on a Cadillac that has bad closing doors and no plastic tubing bushings.  I have installed these for other customers, but they always furnished the tubing.  What kind is it and where is it sold?

Thanks,

Scot
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Scot Minesinger

Joe,

Thanks went online to buy but they are out of stock.  On of my friends supplied a 6" length of tubing and I cut it and installed.  Someone gave it to him and the story is that they bought tubing for a soda dispensing machine and cut away outer braded casing to use inner liner-seems like a lot to go thru, is there a tubing that someone else has bought that works?

Jeff Moffo

Hi Scott,
My 76 doors close fairly well until you're riding and go over a significant bump. Then they rattle. YIPPEE. Nonetheless, I've seen those strikers on EBay that have the plastic tubing in which you are referring. If you search "1976 Cadillac", they almost always pop up.
Good Luck,
Jeff
Jeff M
North Jersey
Best of all, it's a Cadillac....
'76 Coupe DeVille - Claret (Sold)
'73 Series 60 Fleetwood (Sold)
'76 Coupe DeVille-Dunbarton Green

Scot Minesinger

Jeff,

Thanks, found them on e-bay and ordered them.  That was easy.  Today I'm replacing the rubber fuel lines on the Talisman, will snap some pictures.

Scot

Jeff Moffo

Did mine on Friday. Was pretty simple. Thanks for your help. I want to do the rear lines when garage is a bit warmer and I can open the door to also get some light. I'd like to see photos of yours though.
Jeff
Jeff M
North Jersey
Best of all, it's a Cadillac....
'76 Coupe DeVille - Claret (Sold)
'73 Series 60 Fleetwood (Sold)
'76 Coupe DeVille-Dunbarton Green