News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1957 Fleetwood 60 special sorting problems

Started by gary griffin, November 29, 2014, 03:12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gary griffin

Just received a nice 1957-60 special and I am starting to sort out a few hopefully minor problems and would appreciate some sound advice.

Brake pedal has a rod that goes to the master cylinder but not securely affixed to the brake pedal.  Hard to drive when the brakes keep falling apart. How is this supposed to work.

Windows do not operate properly. All of them seem to try to work but do not succeed. What do I need to do?

Power seat tilts but does not want to travel. Switch or motor? Lubricate or replace?

Is there a way to add dual master cylinders to this car??  I have added it to my 1942-6719 and my 1940 LaSalle  and would love to add them to my 1957. Any good advice??

I love this new car and it will be a great car to drive after I sort out the minor problems. After I can drive it safely I will get the mechanical s checked out and go from there.
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver