News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

55-56 Sedan Interior Interchange

Started by M. Bankes, November 30, 2014, 08:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M. Bankes

Hi,
Can anyone help me with interior interchange ? I am wondering what seat frames will fit in a '56 Series 62 Sedan, the sedan with the door posts. Would the seat frames from a '55 series 62 sedan or Fleetwood fit ? I know that some of the chrome and trim is different, but what how much is the same and how much is different ?
Thanks
Michael

Roger Zimmermann

That a difficult question...According to the parts book, each year is different, not a single part is carryover from '55 to '56, with the exception of the horizontal electric adjuster. However, you could certainly install a complete '55 front seat into a '56 body (or the contrary).
1955 had manual seat adjustment, like '56; an horizontal adjustement like '56 but in 1955 there was as a top possibility a 4-way seat when for 1956 there was a 6-ways.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

55 cadi

Hello Michael,

I don't know if I can help but I have a 55 sedan series 62, power front seat (4 way) up down, front back.

It has the thick side ends on the seat, and my door posts have the metal interior trim piece that pushes into place from top to bottom.

The only answer I don't know is if the mounting holes on the 56 match up with the motor mounts on a 55, yes the 56 has 6 way, but maybe the 4 way motor mounts are the same set up that the 55 uses.?

Maybe tell me the dimentions of where your motor mounts are and I can check to see if they match up? Which may not be possible due to common point of measuring by.

My 55 motor mounts are both located on the passenger side.

Jason
1955 Cadillac sedan series 62
1966 mustang convertible w/pony PAC, now in Sweden
2005 Cadillac deville

Roger Zimmermann

'56 cars had also a 4 way seat. Motor and attachment points have the same part number as 1955. I have the impression that the set-up is the same. The 6 way for '56 was totally different.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101