News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1942 Cadillac grille or vertical bars.

Started by gary griffin, December 04, 2014, 06:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gary griffin

I am trying to conform to the forum rules and since I need some help keeping my car authentic,  I thought I would try this forum for a little help.

Basically a chrome plating shop screwed up 6 of my grille bars and I sent them back to be reworked a couple of months ago, and now he wont even answer my calls or email's.  He also has a set of 15 vertical bars from my spare grille.

If any near El Monte California could stop by and get them no matter what the condition I would be very appreciative. 

If anybody has any they would sell I would also be very appreciative.

There is a grille on eBay in Detroit I would buy but he will not ship!  If someone would pick it up and take it to Fedex ( have Fedex account but even UPS would be O K)I would also be very appreciative!!

Bottom line is I am stalled as far as my restoration is concerned.
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

harry s

Gary, Sorry to hear about the problems with your grille. You might suggest to the seller that he take the item to FedEx and they will wrap and box it at your expense, even offer to pay for his gas to take it there. Good Luck,   Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

gary griffin

Thanks Harry, but I have been trying that and he is non responsive. I have a Fedex account and I would gladly use it for that. The box would have to enclose 49 inches by 14 inches by 9 inches.

I am also working to get my parts from the "Chrome Guy" in California. It may end up that I have 3 grilles but that is better than only parts for one
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

srk1941

What is the name of the shop? You can email me if you'd like, so that we don't violate any rules here...
Steven Keylon
1941 Cadillac Convertible Coupe
CLC# 16658

42cad-6107-23

Hi Gary,
I used a chrome guy in Anaheim or Orange County for my 42 grill. I happen to live in LA and will be in the El Monte area soon if you did want me to check out the shop, i think you are referring to the one on 9625 rush st I believe. Good luck.

Scott LaMay
1942 Series 6107 # 23
www.skawt.com/cadillac/finding.php
Scott LaMay
------------
1942 Series 6107 # 23