News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Dash Lights For 47 Automatic Heater/Defrost

Started by Bill Ingler #7799, December 06, 2014, 05:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Ingler #7799

It has been 10 years since I rewired my 47 and have forgotten where do the two bulbs, that light the heater/defroster part of the dash, get their power. No wiring diagram I have or have seen, show these lights. Since the 46-47 Automatic Heater/Defroster was not standard to all 46-7 cars but was an accessory, maybe this was the reason for not showing these lights in the main dash wiring diagram. Any ideas as to how these lights get hooked into the dash lights. Trying to help Dr Nasser get his 47 finished so any help would be much appreciated. My car is 15 miles away in another garage or I would look at my own car. It would seem to me that these two lights would be tied into the dash lights and controlled by the #6 position on the headlight switch which has the rheostat for the dash lights but where is the tie to these two lights ?    Thanks  Bill