News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Who makes the best exhaust system for a V12 Caddy?

Started by Arlen, December 08, 2014, 03:52:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arlen

I've found a couple of people who claim to make exhaust systems for 31 Cadillacs but they are not companies I've dealt with before and prices seem all over the board. I'm not thinking I want the stainless system. I like it to look more correct. Also, is it best I have a professional muffler shop install it? What will I need for the muffler to be mounted? How many clamps?, any gaskets? Mounts?, etc

Scot Minesinger

You will need to get a specialty exhaust shop who will install it authentically.  Otherwise you will have welds, new holes (to anchor rubber isolator) in your frame, and modern hangers that will look beyond incorrect, plus they will weld the joints instead of clamping them.  You can't really take this car to any modern normal shop that manages modern cars primarily, or it will likely get messed up to say the least.  I can't take my 1970 Cadillac to modern shops, even the balancing of the tires they mess up with wrong weights, don't know how to remove skirts and they put hub caps shiny side down (but only if the hub cap is nice).
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Pepto

I have used Kepich Exhaust with good success for the parts over the years:

http://www.kepichexhaust.com/servlet/the-120/1930-dsh-1935-CADILLAC-V12-/Detail

Finding a shop to install it is another thing. Look for a long-established "mom and pop" muffler shop in your city. They usually welcome unusual projects, unlike the big national chains.
Heather
CLC number #11841