News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1932/33 paint code needed

Started by Alex D., December 20, 2014, 01:41:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex D.

I found these pictures on line of a 1933 sedan. The color combination is an inspiration to me for my 32 sedan. The wheel color application on the 1932 color chart list Vincennes Red as the wheel color to go with black. These wheels appear to be a darker red than Vincennes red. My question is, would they be the Sealing Wax Red and would anyone have a paint code for this wheel color?
1932 370B  V12

Warren Rauch #4286

Looked up Sealing Wax Red in an early 1930's  Mimax (PPG)  paint book. It is a tomato red color ,not at all like this red or Vincennes red. Cadillacs were often painted none standard colors (see the LaSalle book listings). HOWEVER,I don't believe that is what you have here. It most likely is a poor match for Vincennes Red. Warren Rauch

33 LaSalle

It could be RM 34 Flamingo Carmine. I know that color was spec for Lasalle wheels on black bodied cars in
'33 and '34. The color was used on '31 Cadillacs too.

Andy
Andy Smith  CLC 24270

Alex D.

Thank you for your replies.
I found a sample of the Sealing Wax red (IM1319) on the TCB Global web site and it is definitely to orang for this red. The examples of Vincennes red that I have seen on this site is like reddish orange and still too bright for these wheels. TCB has a Carmine Red (1708) on their restoration shop paint chart which looks closet to the red wheels on this 33 Cadillac.

Alex
1932 370B  V12

Johan Boltendal #158

http://autocolorlibrary.com/aclchip.aspx?image=1960-Ford-pg01.jpg   Some one did a lot of research and found this 1960 Ford Monte carlo red was the best match for Vincennes red

gary griffin

I used Mercedes "Signal Red" for my wheels on my 1942-6719. Many on this post have suggested that it is a good match for Vincinnes red and looks great. I got a small touch up bottle with a brush in it for $12 on eBay to touch up where a tire shop damaged the original paint.
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver