News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1968 Eldorado Disk Brake Lines

Started by joeinbcs, January 01, 2015, 01:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeinbcs

My friend and I were doing a complete front end rebuild on my car, including CV Joints, ball joints, upper control arm bushings, tie rod ends, shocks, etc., when we realized that somebody had done a poor job of replacing the lines servicing the front disk brake calipers.
The passenger side was OK with a keeper that connects to one of the ball joint bolts (not sure if this is correct, but its works).
However, on the driver side there is a cobbled up line that includes SAE and metric fittings and no keeper at all.  We zip tied it to keep it away from the axle and other moving parts, but would like to get the correct lines and keeper.
Does anybody have a diagram, or picture of what this should look like, and what kind of keeper should be used, attached where?  I read in another post that Wagner F99398 is the correct replacement hose.  Has anybody used that part number?
Thanks!  Joe
Joe Northrop
9633 Whispering Ridge
College Station, TX  77845
joenorthrop@yahoo.com
979-324-6432

1967 Eldorado, Atlantis Blue Firemist (slick top), Blue leather.

TJ Hopland

I don't know about 68 but the clip under the upper ball joint stud is how the 71-78's were.

Is this the 4 piston setup or the single piston caliper?   I was thinking 68 was the 4 piston but maybe your car started out with drums?  Or 4 piston? 
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

joeinbcs

Front disks (four piston) were standard on '68 Eldorado's.
Passenger side has has a clip, so I suppose that's correct.
But, the driver side is different, and I'd like to see a pic or diagram of the correct routing, clip location, etc.
Thanks!
Joe Northrop
9633 Whispering Ridge
joenorthrop@yahoo.com
979-324-6432

IcebearLars

Hi Joe,

is this what you are searchng for?
This is the drivers side of the brake lines - there is a clip holding the brake line in place srewed with the ball joints.

If you need more pics I can take some better ones.

Greets

Lars

joeinbcs

Thanks very much, Lars.
I sent this to my friend who is helping me.  Ken is the brains behind the operation; he trusts me to hand him the tools and hold the light;-)
I let you know if he needs something else.
Thanks again!  Joe
Joe Northrop
9633 Whispering Ridge
joenorthrop@yahoo.com
979-324-6432