News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1950 fleetwood info needed

Started by Cymz@sbcglobal.net, January 05, 2015, 06:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cymz@sbcglobal.net

I am currently looking at a 1950 fleetwood to add to my garage.  The problem is, I know nothing about them!  My driver is a 64 deville.  Any advice on what I should look for and ask before making an offer.  I appreciate any info that you can provide.  Thanks In advance. Also, for a running driving car, what is the market.  It appears unrestored with 70k. I want to meet the seller as an informed buyer so now I need to get educated. Thanks again

Alan Harris CLC#1513

These were really great cars! I have owned a 1950 62 sedan and a 1951 convertible.

The Achilles heel of a Fleetwood would be the Hydro-electric windows and seat. If they are working, that is a major selling point. They are complicated and expensive to fix.

The 2-3 shift of the hydramatic tends to be a little rough by modern standards, but the 1-2 and the 3-4 are very smooth.

Other than that, the usual cautions apply.

Cymz@sbcglobal.net