News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1972 Cadillac Eldorado trim items

Started by Scot Minesinger, January 16, 2015, 12:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scot Minesinger

Please take a look at the attachments:

1.  The front bumper, although misaligned and rubber messed, the edge of the bumper running up and down in the picture looks rough cut, is that correct.  Is it possible that someone can send me this shot on a correct looking 1972 Cadillac Eldorado?  The car I'm working on is a convertible but doubt that makes any difference.

2.  The fender skirt looks like it should have a piece of stainless trim on bottom front of skirt, if so how about a picture.

My e-mail is rscotm@cox.net.  703-283-2021

If you have that trim on fender skirt (probably both sides) and want to sell, please let me know. 

Thanks,

Scot
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

mgbeda

I'm working from memory, but the fender skirt should definitely have two small trim pieces, little continuations of the two horizontal trims on the rocker panels and door bottoms.  And the screw going through the door bottom moulding is not correct; they were held on with hidden clips.  Beware of bondo on this one!

I found an eldo fender skirt, with pictures, on ebay.  Pictures enclosed.

-mB
-Mike Beda
CLC #24610
1976 Sedan DeVille (Bessie)

Bill Young

I own the same exact car and that is the way the edge of the bumper is. The last year Cadillac curled the edge of the bumpers so no rough edge showed was 1960. I hope this helps.
Bill Young

Scot Minesinger

Yes, thanks both of you this answers the topic, and I will be asking more questions.

The bumper is misaligned and one section is bent in front and that is why it looks so off.

Bill Young

Yes Scot, My left front bumper end was actually the other way. Pulled forward a little so I put a rag over the front of the bumper end and tapped the front of the car's bumper against a concrete wall starting about a half foot back from the wall at slow speed and it pretty much bent back into place. Poor Mans body work, LOL. Also that flexible piece that is between the bumper ends and the front fender should be silver painted not body color.
Sincerely , Bill Young

Scot Minesinger

Straightened it out, and actually this picture does not do it justice came out real nice - thanks for the ideas and help.