News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1959 Series 62 Cadillac Window Regulators, Lift Assemblies in need of attention

Started by BillR. CLC # 29203, January 16, 2015, 07:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillR. CLC # 29203

Good evening!!!
I'm looking for a person or a company that I could send or take these to for disassembly, cleanup, paint and to assure operation.
My son tells me they were working, all be it slowly, prior to removal.
These are currently about 45 minutes southeast of Austin, Texas.
Any direction would be appreciated here or via my eMail address: Rodwick1@aol.com
Yes, that's AOL. There are still a few of us around. :')
Thanks in advance.
Bill
Bill Rodwick
CLC # 29203

Crew Member:  '59 Sedan Deville Six Window

Little Girl

I would be inclined to take some WD40 and a wire brush and/or steel wool to them. That got all of the windows in my '58 working smoothly.
Rose

gary griffin

My 1957 60 Special  had very slow windows when I received it, and need a lot of manual assistance. I just cycled them while spraying Silicone lubricant into the tracks, A few minutes later and about a 1/2 of a spray can of silicone and they now all work fine.
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

BillR. CLC # 29203

Rose and Gary,
Thanks for your reply.
We've decided to turn them over to CadillacTim so he can work his magic.
BillR.
Bill Rodwick
CLC # 29203

Crew Member:  '59 Sedan Deville Six Window