News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Valley Forge Region Charter Member Gary Anderson has passed

Started by Jeff Hansen, January 17, 2015, 12:45:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Hansen

Gary Anderson, one of four charter members of the Valley Forge Region, passed away earlier this week at his home in Palm Coast, Florida.  A memorial service will be held at Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, Florida at a future date where Gary served as a docent in recent years.

He was the proprietor of the Cadillac and LaSalle parts outlet known as Pearl Classics at 6006 Girard Avenue in Philadelphia.  Many long time members may recall spending hours, if not days, with Gary rummaging through the vast two story building/parking garage filled with old Cadillacs and tons of parts - all covered with inches of dust.

Gary is survived by his wife Marge, who participated with him in all his Cadillac endeavors over many years, and two daughters.
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

Ralph Messina CLC 4937

1966 Fleetwood Brougham-with a new caretaker http://bit.ly/1GCn8I4
1966 Eldorado-with a new caretaker  http://bit.ly/1OrxLoY
2018 GMC Yukon

Bill Young

druby

So sad to hear of Gary's passing, I have known Gary for over 40 years. He was a pleasure to deal with and be around, he had a wealth of knowledge in the Cadillac LaSalle field and will be greatly missed. I had a fond memory of us doing laps together at Dover Raceway in our 53 Cadillac's years ago. RIP Gary, thoughts and prayers to his family.
1949 Cadillac 4DR Sedan
1952 Cadillac Convertible
1953 Cadillac Coupe deVille
1958 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz
1959 Cadillac Fleetwood

76eldo

I did not know Gary but as a fellow Valley Forge region member I wish to offer my condolences to his family and friends.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Gary was always friendly and polite to all. We first got well acquainted at the 1985 Valley Forge GN, the program of which I just found yesterday in my basement. I remember another time, I believe at a welcome party, where he and Larry Lesiger regaled our table with tales of their many escapades around the world which had nothing to do with the CLC. One tale led to another and we all passed well over an hour listening to them. If it were not for generous and knowledgeable people such as Gary, our Club would not enjoy the reputation it has within the old car hobby.

One of the sad things about growing old is the thinning of our ranks with the passing of firm and good friends such as Gary.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville