News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1954 series 62 paint questions

Started by 54 caddy larry, January 21, 2015, 02:14:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

54 caddy larry

hello, i was hoping someone could tell me the paint code or color for the paint on the interior panels and lower dash on my car. the body tag is as followws body  fw  3138    trim  56     paint  j7   m.     i'v figured out the body paint but not the interior,,  thanks for any help.    larry                                                                                                                                                                                           
Larry M

1954 series 62 coupe
1974 Harley Davidson FLH

My caddy is my never ending work in progress.

Caddy Wizard

Please post a picture of the trim tag (the aluminum data plate) so folks can see the codes for themselves...
Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)
1955 S62 Coupe (future show car? 2/3 done)
1958 Eldo Seville (2/3 done)

54 caddy larry

the car wont be back from the body shop till sometime nex week. the info i posted was copied directly from the tag. heres a little more to go on, the original color found under some of the trim pieces was like an olive green      thanks
Larry M

1954 series 62 coupe
1974 Harley Davidson FLH

J. Gomez

Larry,

A couple of options;

You can visit the THE CADILLAC COLOR, UPHOLSTERY & ACCESSORY DATABASE â€" 1940-1979 at the Raritan River Region Chapter;

http://www.rrrclc.org/the-cadillac-color-upholstery-accessory-database-1940-1979/

Or

Download the GM Vehicle Information Kits from the GM Heritage Center;
(Note: large files)

https://www.gmheritagecenter.com/gm-heritage-archive/vehicle-information-kits.html

For these codes.

Good luck..!
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

54 caddy larry

J. Gomez, thank you for the links unfortunately the info is not there so the mystery color still alludes me.
Larry M

1954 series 62 coupe
1974 Harley Davidson FLH

J. Gomez

Larry,

Under page XXXI under the color combination Interior it shows the green tones as dark (Briar Green) or light (Cedar Green) with their respective RM and Dupont formulas.

If I’m not mistaken the interior colors apply to all metal pieces dash, door panel, window trims etc under page XXXIII - XXXV

From what I recall the color tones dark or light are also related to the upholstery color tone scheme.

Other ’54 folks may chime in if I’m in error.
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

54 caddy larry

I see the colors for the fabric but not the metal trim, unless I'm missing it. I'm looking under the heritage center link.
thanks

larry
Larry M

1954 series 62 coupe
1974 Harley Davidson FLH

936CD69

(PDF) Pages 174-175 of the Heritage center download has the codes you need. Mr Gomez gave the correct numbers as printed on the original pages
Craig Brillhart CLC# 26217
1993 Sedan deVille Spring Edition Carmine Red White Top-SOLD!
1993 Sedan deVille Spring Edition Triple Black
CLCMRC Benefactor #302

54 caddy larry

got it!!! thanks for all your help guys. excellent info as usual

Larry
Larry M

1954 series 62 coupe
1974 Harley Davidson FLH