News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Recommendations 1959 Cadillac Rear Mufflers/Resonators

Started by DylanFan52, January 21, 2015, 07:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DylanFan52

I am replacing the entire exhaust system on a 1959 Cadillac Series 62 and need suggestions on what type or brand of rear mufflers/resonators to use.  I have the stock front mufflers but not sure what to use on the rear.  Thanks!

John

Miles B

I'm afraid I can't help on the rears, but could you help me with some info on the fronts? I currently have no exhaust at all on my 56 Eldorado. I'd like to know the body length, shape (round/oval) and diameter(s). If I find any info on the rears I'll report back.

Roger Zimmermann

The exhaust system from a '56 car is not the same as the one for a'59 car. On the '56, the front mufflers are much longer than the ones for 1959; the section is also different.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101