News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Upholstery buttons

Started by Whit, January 25, 2015, 08:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whit

Is anyone aware of a source for Upholstery Buttons for a 1960 Eldorado Biarritz convertible...GM P/N 479 0246 and 479 0774 ? It may be     impossible to find these, short of finding someone parting a car.

Any help will be much appreciated.          Whit McFarlin CLC# 29236

Bill Young

Does the Car You have lack the buttons completely or are the originals present on the seats? I ask because I removed the buttons from my rotted cracked seats of My '72 Eldorado convertible by cutting around them and then carefully disassembling each of the 8 backrest buttons and storing them after cleaning in a baggie till the new seat covers arrive and they will be reassembled and installed back in place as I took accurate measurements for correct placement before removal.
Bill Young

David King (kz78hy)

I am pretty sure I saw a posting from Frank Nicodemus a few months ago that he and reproduced those buttons.

http://frank-nicodemus.com

Good luck

David
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region

Rare Parts brand suspension parts Retailer via Keep'em Running Automotive

Whit

Bill and David:

I do have some of the original seat and side panel buttons, but not all. I did contact Frank Nicodemus as suggested. I will post his reply when available.
Thanks very much for the lead...maybe it will solve my quest.

regards   Whit  CLC #29236

rwchatham CLC 21892

Whit, if you need a set, I have a set of the 1960 buttons that were reproduced a few years ago .
R. Waligora

Whit

I do need a set...or at least most of a set. Are these the side panel buttons also? They look the same to me on the outside, even though they have a different P/Ns. They do attach differently, but I can deal with that. They have to be painted to match the upholstery color, which is no problem.

If you wish to contact me by email:   whitmcfarlin@msn.com

Let me know what you think is a fair price.

Thanks   Whit