News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1958 series 62 windshield washer nozzle size

Started by Little Girl, January 25, 2015, 03:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Little Girl

Does anyone out there know if more than one size of washer nozzle was used in '58? The pair of reproductions that I ordered from Fusic which are described as compatible with 54-62 are too small.  I found a set of NOS nozzles on ebay in the original packaging with the correct part number but I am hesitant to buy them because I am not sure they will fit my car.  Any info would be appreciated.

Rose

gary griffin

Too small as they do not fit or that they do not spray enough water far enough?  If they fit but do not spray enough water you may have different problems in your system?
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

Jon S

Rose -

I bought these in 1960 andthey are the correct P/N for the 1958:
Jon

1958 Cadillac Sedan De Ville
1973 Lincoln Continental Coupe
1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT

Jon S

Jon

1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT

Little Girl

Too small as in they can not be installed because they aren't big enough for the threads to mesh.

Little Girl

Hi Jon, the ones you have look like the on remaining(damaged) nozzle from my car. Do you happen to know what size they are? I'm trying to determine whether the ones I bought don't fit because they are the wrong size or because my car is non- standard.  Either one is possible. It wouldn't be the first time my car turned out to be weird.

Jon S

No idea what size they are. I bought the spare ones over 55 years ago
Jon

1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT

Little Girl

I contacted a seller on ebay to ask for measurements on the ones he is selling, I hope he gets back to me.  I'm pretty much all alone up here in ford country so I can't go check what size they are on someone else's car.  The only guy I know who has a 50s cadillac is about an hour away and impossible to get ahold of. 

Roger Zimmermann

The nozles are the same from 1954 to 1962. The threaded diameter is 3.9 mm (0.154"). I assume that one nozle broke into the bezel and a larger hole was done during the life of the car.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

Little Girl

Thanks Roger, that's exactly the info I needed. It would seem that the nozzles from Fusic are too small. They are only 0.140"  and the one I took off the car measured 0.160"

Roger Zimmermann

I have about 10 such nozzles I bought many years ago at a company who sold 55-57 Chevrolet parts (Same part number). You will certaily find your luck at a Chevrolet site. McVey is selling them too, but at which price...
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

smilasm

Hi Rose,
did you get the correct nozzles,I have the same problem with my 56 DeVille?I got the small ones and want to find out where to get the correct ones  :)
Thanks
Marius
Marius Smilas

1956 Sedan DeVille  http://bit.ly/1hsWhri

Roger Zimmermann

I have them. How many would you like to have? The outside diameter on the thread is 4 mm.
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

Little Girl

The nozzles from McVey are the right size. They are installed in my car and working perfectly