News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Model B Type 4S 1904

Started by CB12603, January 31, 2015, 07:11:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CB12603

In 2015 I bought a 1904 Model B Type 4S.
It's a roundabout with a large hoot and a large radiator "in" the hoot and not like most 1903 and 1904 Caddys with a smaller radiator "under" the hoot.
On Bonhams Veterans Car Run website I found two other 1904 Model B's with a large hoot (one is owned by R. Morrison Buckinghamshire with licence no. PP 7962 - but I could not reach him till now).
I do not know for what "4S" stands, maybe it's a special name for this special type of 1904 Model B, but after several hours searching time in the internet I could not find any information/specification about "4S" or 1904 cars with the large hoot.
Could somebody help me to clarify this?
Thanks in advance for any ideas
Regards
B. Klingels

Bill Young

Not sure what the "4" means however the "S" I would think means surrey top. The 4 might refer to the fact that it is a 4 passenger Car rather than the Model A with one bench seat.
Sincerely , Bill Young

joeceretti

Confused me at first until I realized you are talking about a Ford on a Cadillac forum. It really does sound like a 1904 Model B Four.

Classic

You might get a better response if you joined the Early Cadillac Yahoo group.  https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/EarlyCadillac/info
Gene Menne
CLC #474

joeceretti

I think he needs an early Ford group.  ;D

CB12603

Thanks for your replies.
I do not think that a Ford Forum could help me with questions to my 1904 Cadillac Model B Type 4S. ;) I thought it would not be necessary to mention the mark Cadillac, when I am asking a question regarding a 1904 model on the Cadillac & LaSalle forum :).
Specials thanks to Classic for your pointer to the early Cadillac Yahoo Group, which I am going to contact today.
Greetings from Germany
B. Klingels

joeceretti

Looks like I have a foot in mouth problem. Apologies offered, you don't need to mention the make.