News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Hydroelectric line routing

Started by Joe V, February 01, 2015, 04:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe V

I'm in the final phase of hydoelectric system removal on my 49.  Only components left are the 3 supply lines that go from the pump and top control valve under the body and then into the interior at the back of the front seat. 

It looks these lines were installed on the body before it was mounted to the chassis since they turn in between the body and center top of the frame (first picture) and then about a foot later enter at the back of the front seat (second picture).

Has anyone had any luck removing the supply lines and replacing in the same path without raising the body?  They appear to be wedged in there with soft and hard body/vibration mounts.

As the first picture shows, one of the harnesses (trunk harness shown hydro harness already removed) follows the same path but does not go as far in between the body and frame so I was able to pull it out.  The supply lines take a turn in and then turn toward the back in between body and frame.  Is it better to reroute the supply lines in the harness path for easier installation?

I'm doing this once in my lifetime so I want to do it right with all lines, grommets, hoses, hydraulics, and harnesses new.  I have everything ready to go but wanted to check on advice for the supply lines.  Thanks.