News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1985 Eldo level control tubing

Started by Fupt Duck, February 01, 2015, 11:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fupt Duck

I am trying to find ideas to replace the nylon tubing on my 85 eldo electronic level control.  The tubing comes out of the ELC pump then goes to a pressure regulator, out of the regulator and then to the rear shocks.  It seems the factory piping has a flared end and that flared end has developed a leak.  I don't know how to recreate this or find a replacement.  The biggest issue is that I can't retro fit a type of compression fitting because the tubing connects to the regulator with a plastic boot that gets locked in with a spring clip, there is no way of using a compression fitting since there is nothing to thread it to. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jason S
1985 Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Hemi
3 Basset Hounds

jsanford

Your best bet is probably to get a used set out of a junkyard car. All '79-85 Eldos had the system. Try using http://row52.com/Search to find cars in yards near you.

Jeremy
Jeremy
Sacramento, CA
1980 Seville
1981 Eldorado
2016 ELR

TJ Hopland

I can picture that fitting at the compressor but don't remember having one leak before.   That can on the compressor is a dryer.  Its full of that 'do not eat' stuff.  Its supposed to absorb moisture.   I have had them leak and ooze white slime.  I have found the line and fittings at a well stocked hardware store.  If the fitting at the compressor is bad you may have to go to a junkyard.  Same fitting was used on all the under hood compressors which was 78 to 90 ish.   At some point they put them under the car near the rear axle.  I don't remember if those used the same fitting or not.   You see them on the better Buicks and Olds too.   The wagons almost always had air ride.     
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason