News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

February 2015 Peach State CLC newsletter, the TAILFIN

Started by Doug Bailey, February 02, 2015, 10:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Bailey

Folks,

I have attached the February edition of the TAILFIN. This one's a keeper. Lots of club activity, Cadillacs, history, "cultcha" (Cuba) and some technical information on documenting your car as well. We also have an article introducing Wally Barth, who as a Cadillac engineer in the '60s was involved in much of the electrical work on the Sixties Cadillacs (think cornering lights for example). The article refers to a letter from Cadillac GM H.G. Warner dated May 1962, which covered Mr. Barth's personal packet of materials distributed in celebration of Cadillac's 60th year.

We came into possession of this letter and packet when Mr. Barth's eldest daughter, Sandy, donated it to the Peach State CLC for our December auction. The packet includes two publications. We are running scans of "Cadillac - 60 Years of Progress" this month, and the full color "Famous GM Cars" next month. Unfortunately these will exceed the space allowed by the newsletter Forum (at 17 MB). So, if you find you would like to see the "60 Years of Progress" scan send me a note and I will email it to you.  We will do it again next month for the other scan, when we run a companion article on Sandy's experience growing up in .

By the way, Wally's little girl Sandy is now an accomplished graphics designer and promotions professional living in the metro Atlanta area. I know because she is Peach State's TAILFIN editor, our new secretary, and my friend...

Let us know how you like the February edition!

Doug Bailey
Roswell, GA