News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Heater matrix replacement '62 Eldo Biaritz convertible

Started by rustytractor, February 09, 2015, 05:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rustytractor

Ok, how much of a ball ache is it to fit a new heater matrix ?

Its one of those jobs that I know won't be easy, but exactly how hard is the question ???
Too many cars - too little time !!

quadfins

Does the car have air conditioning? That will make a difference.

Overall, not to bad. It comes out through the inside and some of the nuts and bolts are hard to get too, especially if it has AC. It will help if you are a contortionist, but that is no different from most other automotive projects.

Just follow the shop manual instructions and you will be fine. it can be done in the course of one nice day, as long as you have the replacement parts at hand.

Jim
Jim Eccleston
1961 Coupe de Ville
BATILAC
Senior Crown
DeCou Driving Award x 4

rustytractor

Quote from: rustytractor on February 09, 2015, 05:30:03 PM
Ok, how much of a ball ache is it to fit a new heater matrix ?

Its one of those jobs that I know won't be easy, but exactly how hard is the question ???

Yup - car has A/C. Other than the obvious, what other parts would it be wise to have to hand ?

Because I'm in England it's wise to get everything in one go due to the carriage, import duty and Vat.
Too many cars - too little time !!

jagbuxx #12944

It would be a good time to verify that your vacuum actuators are working correctly, the ones under the hood on the evap case. If not, get those ahead of time because they are bolted in on the inside of the case.
Old Air products in Texas supplied the correct ones when I did mine about 6 years ago...
Frank Burns #12944
76 Coupe d'Elegance EFI Galloway Green Firemist
70 deVille Convert San Mateo Red
61 Coupe Deville Bristol Blue
41 Series 61 Deluxe Coupe 6127D Black
08 STS 3.6 1SC  Thunder Gray
16 GTI Gray
03 T-Bird Black
16 Grand Cherokee Summit, Granite
19 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH
07 Corvette Blue
20 MB S450 White

"Whatever the occasion, there
is no better way to arrive than in a Cadillac.