News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Interesting Cadillac offered up on an online charity auction

Started by STS05lg, February 10, 2015, 12:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STS05lg

What you want to bet it goes for a lot more then Blue Book Value. :) :)

Check out the link below,

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102410571

The auction will begin at 10 a.m. CT (11 a.m. ET) on Wednesday, and the opening bid is $10,000, according to the site.

Big Apple Caddy

The Tassie Devil(le)

First thing I would get rid of is the horrible writing on the dash board.

Spoils a nice car.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

Typical Grandpa car. Used by a "Little Old Man" just going to/from the bank.
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille

Rich S

I read a few weeks ago that Warren Buffett purchased a new 2014 Cadillac XTS and complimented the car personally to Mary Barra. It's great to see the loyal Cadillac purchases of a person who can afford any car he wishes. It's too bad Cadillac, under the leadership of Johan deNyschen, does not seem to want to cater to a buyer such as Mr. Buffett by improving their more heritage inspired (traditional) full-sized models. Hopefully, the 2016 Cadillac CT6 (to be revealed March 31st at the New York International Auto Show) will be a great "flagship" model.
Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

1971 Eldo Conv., 2013 CTS Cpe

Big Apple Caddy

Quote from: Rich S on February 11, 2015, 11:14:50 PM
I read a few weeks ago that Warren Buffett purchased a new 2014 Cadillac XTS and complimented the car personally to Mary Barra. It's great to see the loyal Cadillac purchases of a person who can afford any car he wishes. It's too bad Cadillac, under the leadership of Johan deNyschen, does not seem to want to cater to a buyer such as Mr. Buffett by improving their more heritage inspired (traditional) full-sized models. Hopefully, the 2016 Cadillac CT6 (to be revealed March 31st at the New York International Auto Show) will be a great "flagship" model.

I am looking forward to the unveiling of the new CT6.   Don't like the new naming convention Cadillac is introducing, though.

As far as traditional full-size models, I think consumers were abandoning that market before Cadillac.  The DeVille/DTS saw steady sales declines since 2000.  Same thing happened with Lincoln and the Town Car.   What Cadillac and Lincoln were best known for decades ago unfortunately doesn't appeal to most luxury buyers right now.

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Ironically, the DeVille/DTS is a better seller on the used market than the smaller models such as the CTS and STS.

Escalades are the strongest sellers of the pack and their depreciation is so low that they're often less expensive to own than smaller Cadillacs - after fuel mileage differential is factored in.

At any rate, I feel there will always be a market for generously sized luxury - which Cadillac does best. 
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Gene Beaird

Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le) on February 10, 2015, 05:32:12 PM
First thing I would get rid of is the horrible writing on the dash board.

Spoils a nice car.

Bruce. >:D

Isopropyl alcohol will take that right off!   ;D
Gene Beaird,
1968 Calais
1979 Seville
Pearland, Texas
CLC Member No. 29873

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Quote from: Big Apple Caddy on February 10, 2015, 04:01:13 PM
Buffett's 2001 Town Car went for $73K in 2006.

IIRC - that transaction also included lunch with the billionaire.*

Whether that remains the case here is less clear.

*I always wondered who picked up the tab?  ;D

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

STS05lg

Ok which one of you guys won the auction? Winning bid $122,500.